By Allie Gregory | 1 comments
Here's a Second Look at the Best Lines from Obama and Conan at the White House of the Night:
First Obama spoke -
1. 42sec “Rush Limbaugh warned you about this, second term baby.”
2. 2:34 “I’m not the strapping young Muslim Socialist I used to be.”
3. 4:30 ("I got 99 problems now Jay-z's one")“....That’s another rap reference.”
4. 7:30 (On the History Channel's absence) “...I guess they were embarrassed about the whole Obama is a devil thing—that’s never stopped Fox News from showing up.”
5. 12:00 “I proposed a toast—it died in committee.”
6. 12:30 “Why don’t you get drink with Mitch McConnell, they ask. Really? Why don’t you get a drink with Mitch McConnell.”
7. 15:10 (on presidential libraries) “…some suggest we put it in my birthplace but I rather keep it in the United States.”
Then Conan took the mic (and gavel).
1. 1:35 “The President is hard at work creating jobs…since first elected the number of popes elected has doubled.”
2. 4:30 “There’s a gavel here and I don’t know why” (proceeds to use gavel sporadically through out speech).
3. 4:35 “Everything you ate tonight was personally shot by Wayne LaPierre. Don't worry, it was during a home invasion.”
4. 7:50 “No offense, Mr. President... but as a late-night comedian, I was kind of pulling for the rich guy whose horse danced in the Olympics.”
5. 8:08 “I look forward to hosting this event in 18 years where my opening line will be: (proceeds to address the crowd in Espanol).
6. 9:36 “If the President laughs, everybody laughs. And if the Fox News table laughs, a little girl just fell off her bike.”
7. 12:00 “CNN has made some very odd moves, for example, they replaced the popular Larry King with one of the scheming footmen from Downton Abbey.”
8. 13:05 (on O’Reilly’s new book) “…it’ll be the first time in history Jesus’ death will be blamed on Obama Care.”
15:00*The Media's Nerd Prom - the groups in the High School Cafeteria.
9. 19:50 “What Kim Jong Un doesn’t understand… is we already have an unstable peninsula that will ultimately bring down America, it’s called Florida.”
10. 20:15 (on Obama) “…we all know that as a child he lived in Indonesia, studied at Muslim seminary, and occasionally ate dog. So clearly, from the beginning he was a kid who had his eye set on the US Presidency.”
Commenting on this post has been closed.