OFFICIAL RULES: DFA’s Randy Bryce Hardhat Promotion
DFA’s Randy Bryce Hardhat Promotion
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, FOREIGN NATIONALS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN ANY PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND Democracy for America ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of its respective affiliates, affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or technology related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on September 22, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. on September 25, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. One winner will receive the following prize:
One (1) Hardhat signed by Randy Bryce.
Approximate retail value of the prize: $20.00.
5. Odds, Acceptance, and Taxes. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) any winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned if required from the potential winner, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to accept the prize for any reason, or if (d) any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Potential winner(s) may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter without contributing by visiting this page or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and completing and submitting the online entry form during the Promotion Period. Individuals may also enter by contributing and submitting the contribution form at this page or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the prize. Each contribution made during the Promotion Period will be entered as an additional entry into the contest however no entry will be made for any contribution scheduled to occur outside the Promotion Period. Contributions may be spent on any activities of Sponsor as it determines in its sole discretion, and will not be earmarked for any particular candidate. Failure to submit all required information in the manner required on the entry form and in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Individuals may not enter the Promotion by any and all methods combined more than ten (10) times in any calendar day.
9. Promotion Rules. One (1) potential winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held no later than September 27, 2017. Sponsor may conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding any prize to such individual could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about September 27, 2017. To claim the prize, winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. In the event that the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor's attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prize, Sponsor may select a new winners from the remaining eligible entries.
10. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
11. Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
13. Winner List and Rules Request. For a copy of the Winner List, please send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 27, 2017, and before September 27, 2018, to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: DFA’s Randy Bryce Hardhat Promotion Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit this page or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: DFA’s Randy Bryce Hardhat Promotion Official Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
14. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 by Democracy for America. All rights reserved.
Sponsor: Democracy for America, PO Box 1717, Burlington, VT 05402.