Statement from Democracy for America’s Charles Chamberlain on Bernie’s big win in Wisconsin
Statement from Democracy for America's Charles Chamberlain on Bernie's big win in Wisconsin:
"Tonight's win in Wisconsin is a tremendous victory for the grassroots movement advancing Bernie Sanders's political revolution all across the country.
"While DC pundits have tried to shut the Democratic Primary down over and over again, after tonight's success, we're confident that the grassroots voters who actually matter in this process will continue to ignore the Washington establishment in the weeks and months ahead." -- Charles Chamberlain, Executive Director, Democracy for America
Additional facts about Democracy for America and our support for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 race:
- DFA endorsed Bernie Sanders for President after the Senator received 87.9% of the more than 271,000 votes cast in a DFA member endorsement vote in December. This was the first presidential-primary endorsement in DFA's 11-year history.
- Since our endorsement, DFA has raised over $1,300,000 for Sanders from more than 130,000 individual contributions from our grassroots members ($10.16 avg. contribution)
- Additional details about DFA's Bernie support
- DFA spoke out strongly for DNC fairness after the party shut off Sanders's access to the voter file.
- DFA worked to set the record straight when the Clinton campaign attacked Sanders on guns and single-payer healthcare.
- DFA called out Secretary Clinton's dishonest attack on Sanders's support for the auto bailout
- DFA has worked closely with the Sanders campaign and our grassroots members to mobilize and train the tens of thousands of volunteers needed to help Bernie win.
- DFA has over 1 million members across the country.
- Since its 2004 founding, DFA members have knocked on hundreds of thousands of doors, made over 11 million phone calls, and raised and contributed more than $32.7 million to help elect 843 progressive candidates nationwide.